Welcome to the HTML tutorials section. Here you can learn the basic of HTML. After learning this tutorials you will be able to make your own web pages. If you are already familiar with XML, then HTML will seem easy to learn. I recommend you, not to read this tutorial from head to tale but to spend a quarter or a half hour after reading several lessons, and practice.
Preparing for learning HTML
Creating documents in HTML is not difficult. To start, you need only a notepad and dedication. If you are new in the field and you have not yet read Beginner’s Guide to HTML, I suggest you spend a few minutes reading it.
Web pages are very useful. This explains some of the arguments:
- The simplest way to spread information on the Internet
- Another form to increase your business
- You can tell the world that you have something to say on a personal page
Words to remember
- Tag – used to specify the regions of the HTML document, which a browser will read later.Tags will look like this: <tag>
- Element – is a complete tag, having an opening <tag> and a closing </ tag>.
- Attribute – is used to change the value of an element in HTML. Usually an element has several attributes.
So far just remember that a tag is a command that the browser will execute, an element that is a complete tag and an attribute customize and change an element in HTML.
The following tutorials
For the following tutorials you can use the navigation menu on the left to browse what you are interested in, or you can read it from cover to cover pressing the button “Next >>”, located in the bottom of the page.